https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

problem setting grid on localhost

• ThomasRH
  • ThomasRH's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #2774

Hello,
Upgrading my 2.5 site to Joomla 3. Had Tools JX working well in 2.5 production site. Now developing my Joomla 3 site on my localhost (Server:localhost:8889). Just bought ToolsJX for Joomla 3 and installed fine. Go to set grid and Connection: other, mysql, localhost:8889, Database User:, PW; Database Name: Similies and click on Check and List Tables, and it says it cannot find Database.

Not sure what doing wrong. I created the database Similies with MAMP. Imported same table.cvs and it seems to be there with the data. Using my User Name and PW I use to login to my localhost site. When I go to my developing site I use localhost:8888 but the database has it as localhost:8889. I have tried both but neither work when I click on Check and List Tables.

Thanks,
To

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #2776

Hard to say. Most likely you are using wrong connection data. Are you sure you are using right username and password for the database? Have you double checked for typos? Are you sure the database and the data are there where you want it in the mysql database running on port 8889?

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #2778

Thanks for the help. I think I have moved one step forward. I'm now logging in with MAMP connection parameters they give: localhost; 8889; root; root. This works when I use localhost or localhost:8889. I click on Check and List Tables and it does not kick me back to Control Panel and takes me to the next choice. In Table Settings I click on Select Table and Table 1 is there as it should be. But if I select Table 1, now it kicks me out and sends me back to Control Panel.

I can't think of what is wrong here and hoping for guidance.
Thanks.
Tom

More
10 years 1 week ago #2780

Hi,

I am also not sure what is going on. With MySQL it usually works fine. Just a blind guess but is your table name actually "Table 1"? Try renaming it to something without a space in the name e.g. Table1.

Regards,
Tomaž

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 1 week ago #2781

It was named TABLE 1 and I renamed it to TABLE1. Now it shows Table 1 and Table1 in the select box, but the same problem happens if I click on TABLE1.
I think I'll just wait until I go live. Maybe it will work again as it was before.
P.S. There is a Database in the folder called mysql. I created another called Similies. It has one table which is now called TABLE1. -- If that is the problem, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just wait and try again live.

Thanks,
Tom

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook