× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Change how field outputs are displayed in dropdown

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #2324

Hi Tomaz,

I didn't realise it would be so complicated. I am not sure where I would begin with the php coding. Any advise where to start?

DO you see your tools ever having the funscionaity to deal with this sort of thing?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2326

Hi,

We are planing to implement a select box with user defined values. But I would not count on that, since we can not assure you when it is going to be implemented.

You can start in file components/com_grid/GridBuilder.php there should be a function searchForm() where the search form is generated. There should also be one if clause, which checks whether to use advanced filters search form or not. You should ad your code to the advanced search form.

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #2330

Hi Tomaz,

I am still trying to work out solution for this as I don't know how to carry out what you suggested above.

I was wondering if I created 3 new columns in my database with the unique values from the multi-select boxes, would I be able to use these to search and retrieve records that have matches in the fields that contain the multiple items?

I wondered if I could then use the additional conditions box at the bottom to tell it which columns to lookup?

Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Mark.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2333

Hi,

I think that what you are trying to achieve is a little bit too much for Table JX in its current state. Even if you created columns with the values values there is still some php-ing to do to achieve what you want. Place to start is components/com_grid/GridBuilder.php there in a function searchForm().

There is another thing you could do if you can adapt you data model a little bit. You could have multiple columns in the same table. One column for each version with "yes" "no" or similar values for each record. In this case you would be able to simply filter through those properties.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook