https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Connecting to external database

• lionbenjamins
  • lionbenjamins's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #2492

Hi Tomaz,

We have just resolved this during the past 48 hrs.

Please see the message from my colleague in the US below and what was causing the problem.
We decided to try and connect locally first to eliminate my end causing the issue:

"Well I have gotten to the bottom of the remote sql connection problem at least as it relates to testing from here. I have been trying to connect running a php script on my local machine and doing a remote connect to the database on hostgator and it fails with the following message.

Warning: mysql_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password]
This is due to a password encryption incompatibility between the versions of php that I am running on my local machine and the version of sql running on hostgator. Turns out this is a rather complex problem with no easy workaround. I have requested that hostgator generate a 41 byte password hash for a user and password that I created for Lion.

This new setup worked first time. I have been testing the connection today and it works like it should.

I now need to see how to ensure that the logged-in person sees only his records but that seem to be one of the parameters at the bottom of the page. Just need to work out the script and make it work!

Thanks for your patience- glad it was one where it was them and not you. ;-)

Cheers
Lion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2494

OK,

glad to hear, that you are now able to connect to the other side of the planet.

See this post related to your last issue:

www.toolsjx.com/support/2-installation/2...n-by-user-login#2307

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook