https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Additional Search Fields

• treverrow
  • treverrow's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #792

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if it is possible to add an additional search field to the grid? I would like to be able to search through my database using a set of conditions, not just one.

For example,
The user inputs 'BALL' in the TOY text field and
'RED' in the COLOR text field.

Then, of course, it displays a list of all RED BALLS when the search button is pressed.

If the user chooses to only type in 'BLUE' in the COLOR text fields, then all objects that are BLUE are displayed.

I do not, however, want to specify these conditions in the "Additional Condition" field within Joomla, if I can help it. Unless of course there is some code that allows me to add search fields that can be added there.

Hopefully I explained this well enough.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #795

Hello,

We are working on the extension with mentioned functionality, but is is still at developing stage. If you want to do this by yourself, it would be quite a few lines of code, because it is not so simple. But if you are a coder and you want to give it a try, you might want to look at components/com_grid/layouts/GridView.php. This is where the output code is generated.

• treverrow
More
13 years 7 months ago #799

Thanks Tomaz,

Appreciate the reply!

I am a coder, amateur to intermediate you might say, but a coder nonetheless. This extension sounds interesting. How far until completion?

Thanks also for the tip. Myself and a friend will start looking through that file and see if we can add the functionality ourselves.

• treverrow
More
13 years 7 months ago #800

Also just wondering how long you have been working on it for and how many people you have working on the extension?

More
13 years 6 months ago #810

Honestly we are not able to give any approximations about the release date, because it is really on the beginning, and we are fully booked with other projects. But if there will be enough interest, we might change our priorities.

Regards,
Tomaž

• treverrow
More
13 years 6 months ago #856

Hey again, Tomaž.

I have managed to add a few extra fields to search. It now displays the records accordingly, without trouble, until I click on the page number or next/previous buttons.

For example;
1st Parameter is (Qualification = Diploma)
2nd Parameter is (Field = Medicine)

The first listing will display fine, i.e. records that contain both parameters. The 2nd page will only display records that contain only the 1st parameter.

How do I pass the 2nd parameter, and possibly a 3rd, 4th, into the pagination area (if that's where it needs to be :P)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your help so far by the way. :)

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook