https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/

Issue with Changing Column Captions

More
13 years 8 months ago #701

I am having an issue that when I change the column captions under columns the data disappears. Am i doing this the wrong way or is this a known bug. I have tried with no CAPS and no special characters. ie. column name in DB is first_name, would like to display FirstName, First, first. As soon as I make a change and save the query no longer has the data. Another example is image is the column name but I may not want to display only that caption so i remove the Caption and the same thing happens.

Any help would be appreciated...

BTW I am a noob at this so I may jsut be overlooking something.

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by user62.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #710

Usually this is not a thing that causes problems. Have you excluded all other possible options?

More
13 years 7 months ago #720

tomaz wrote:
I am not sure what else to exclude. For example:

If create a grid with DB columns First_Name and Last_Name and leave the column captions alone the info displays correctly.

If I change the first column caption to First Name, the data shows up blank and the rest of the data remains.

It is almost as if the query that is being use to display the data is using the columnCaptions field instead of the columnNames in the jos_grids DB Table.

In fact I would venture to guess that is exactly what is happening, but I have no idea where to look to see, if that is the case.

This is the MAJOR issue with me being able to deploy this extension on my site. I do have some suggestions for enhancements, but will have to wait to see what is done with this issue first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. I do not have Table JX, so I have not been able to see if it is OK in grid vs. card format

More
13 years 7 months ago #722

Ok, you information was actually very helpful. We found that bug and we are preparing new version. In case you want to fix it right away you have to open file components/com_grid/layouts/CardView.php and change line 169 to

foreach ($conf_columns as $j) {
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Tomaž

More
13 years 7 months ago #725

Thanks... I started poking around yesterday and say that same line, but was not about to change it for fear that I may break something...

I will make the change so I can start using it today.

I will post a few enhancement requests later this week, but one that I would particularly be interested in is having an option to not display captions for individual columns... (i.e. I don't need to know that the image is actually called image. I guess I could just put a space but then wouldn't it still show a ":" next to the picture. This may be taken care of already but since i have had my problem, i can not check it. If it is not, I might suggest doing it with an if statement or something equivalent. (i.e. If columnCaptions != Null then ":", or something like that. I have not done any coding in almost 20 years so my notes/operaters may be wrong, but I hope I am clear enough.)

Thanks again for the great support.

Also, is there a way to change my user name from my email to something else?

More
13 years 7 months ago #726

I made the change and it no longer removes the data, however, the captions data is not changed. It is still using the columnNames to display the captions... so I am sure there is at least one more change that needs to take place, if not more than one...

Please let me know the location/values of the other changes and I will make the changes while I wait on an updated file.

Thanks again.

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by user62.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook