https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/

Need plugin to show record for specific category

• mucomist
  • mucomist's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #1153

Hi,
Thanks for your work on Card ViewJX and Table JX. I use both on my website. They are great products!

I need to inquire about a feature I need ASAP. I have a database with a category field (not the primary ID. There are 7 categories. I want to be able to display the most recent data submission for a specific category on the frontend. I want to select this in the backend.

Is this possible with the current versions of Card View and Table JX? If not, can I commission you to make a plugin that will allow me to do this?
Thanks,
TC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #1154

Hi,

If think you were not clear enough. Do you want do display 7 different grids with a few most recent records from certain category or do you need to have one grid showing most recent record from each category? Are these categories equal to Joomla content categories?

Regards,
Tomaž

• mucomist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #1156

Hi again,
They do not match Joomla categories, but they do match most of the Sections in Joomla 1.5.

Sorry for not being clear enough. I need to display the latest record for any single category.

I would prefer to display them as a single grid and have only one category in each grid, but I do not believe this is possible. So instead, I opted to go with a new grid 1x1 card view for each category.

I was thinking this would be the best approach, but then I noticed a few minutes ago that I cant center a grid on a page or place it where I want to on the page. It always goes to the far left. If I made a html table in an article and inserted a grid in each cell, could I put all of my individual grids (8 in all) into the table (one in each cell)?
Thanks,
TC

More
12 years 8 months ago #1157

I am sorry, but I am still confused...

You would like to display the most recent record from each category. And you would like to have them in one grid. Is it true?

If so I would suggest the following. Check if you are able to create views on your database. Than you can create a view that selects the most recent record from each category. As next you select view in your backend instead of the original table. This would be the cleanest solution.

I would not suggest messing up with too much html by placing your grid where you want it. However feel free to experiment with it! All I can say is that the grid usually wants to place itself on the middle of its outer div.

More about database views: dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-view.html

Regards,
Tomaž

• mucomist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 8 months ago #1159

Sorry for the confusion...

I will explain further. I use a single form that is filled out once a year by the president of each chapter of a fraternity. There are 8 chapters and they all have different names(category). The form has a date/time stamp to determine when a form is updated. This form contains the contact information of the officers in each chapter.

I would like to create a grid (card View) that displays the contact information for the officers of each chapter, but I only want it to display the latest update.

I am aware that if a chapter submits the form more than once a year that with the current options in Card View JX a single chapter may be displayed twice in a 2 x 4 grid.

I need to avoid this and display on record (latest) for each chapter.

I hope this helps. I do not know how to code and really need help with making this work. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards,
TC

More
12 years 8 months ago #1161

Ok, I got it now.

There are two ways to do it. One is my suggestion with database view as described above. If you want to do it this way, you have to check first if your hosting provider allows you to create database views.

The other solution is actually your suggestion by using multiple Card Views displaying just one card where you use 'Additional Where Condition' option to filter records depending on a category. By doing it this way you might have some troubles by placing those Card Views in the way you want them to be.

Those are the two options that you have. It is up to you to decide. I think that doing it the second way and placing each Card View in a table cell, as you mentioned before, should work just fine.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook