https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/

Include grid contents in regular joomla search

• timjdavis
  • timjdavis's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #593

Just purchased this to help put about 45K items into a product list page, with part numbers, descriptions etc.

What I need to do is to include the contents of this database table in the standard website wide search function. The search currently looks at all the article content and my virtuemart shop ... How can I include the contents of my grid.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #594

Hi,

to include the content of db tables in standard website wide search is not supported. For large tables the search would be very slow, not only for the tables contents but also for searching contents of articles.

Alternative to that is Google search. Google search can index records in Table JX on all pages. Your products can be seen not only on your page, but also on google sites.

Best regards,
Viljem

• timjdavis
  • timjdavis's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #595

Thanks Viljem.

Very good point about performance which I really had considered up until now.

I did actually spent Sunday working on a simple search plugin to do the search. It helped refresh my PHP a little. Although the table is 45K rows long, it only has four columns. And even putting a 'like' (which are always a bit costly) hasn't seemed to dent the speed of the search. Maybe it has been cached.

I'll do a few more tests and then take a look at installing a google search.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds :)

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook