https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/

Setting up clauses to limit data values return...?

• curiousjj
  • curiousjj's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #667

Hi,

I have recently bought the Card View component, as the output is far more inline with the intended goal (over the table view).

I am looking over the documentation in an attempt to work out how I can create a page that allows for an advanced search option, and outputs this data in the Card format. For Example:

I want a user to be able to be provided with a series of dropdown boxes from which they can select various options, like more than 100 credits and less than 5000 credits, and also to be located somewhere in China but leaving the date field empty as the time is not so important to the user. This will be based on there being: a more than option, a less than option, a geographic region option and a date option.

As can be seen by the above example, various operators are required: more than, less than, equals to, with the possibility that no filter will be applied and all data for that field is to be returned without restriction.

*deep breath*

So, that being said I did not really see anything in the documentation of how it would be possible to create such a structure, and any advice that you are able to offer, even to the point of stating that I have bought a component that cannot do what I require, is appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration in this issue.

Kind regards,
jj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #677

Hi,

the user cannot filter query, he/she can only search in one or all fields - strings, substrings (case or non-case sensitive).

Admin can set up filter in admin area, in where section. Admin can there limit data with custom filters with all operators that SQL can offer. Admin can even create a filter for specific user, e.g. id=@userid for joomla users and articles that are inside registered area.

Best regards,
Viljem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook