https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Installation problem

• Gerhard
  • Gerhard's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #159

Hello TJX-user,

today i bought TableJX. Installation of the plugin was no problem. But I'm not able to choose the correct table of my form. I use RS-Form pro and can only see jos_rsform_forms for example seeing on the picture. But I have 4 different forms. What's wrong and where can I find the database entries of the forms?

greetings
Gerhard

Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Gerhard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #160

Hello Gerhard,

I am not familiar with RS-Form, but I can give you a 'general' answer. You can use TableJX to display data from table in database. If RS-Form stores entered data in database table and each field in RS form is stored in its own column in a table then you can display it with TableJX. All you have to do is to know the name of the table for specific form and select the table from dropdown list.

If RS-Form doesn't store data for each form in its own table, then you may be able to create view that collects data from RS-Form for specific form.

I will be able to offer you more help, if you can inform me where the data entered in RS Form is stored and what is the structure of such table.

Best regards,
Bostjan

• Gerhard
More
14 years 3 months ago #162

Hello Bostjan,
thanks for your answer. I think I know what the problem is. In my mysql table there are all fields not horizontal but vertical.
To show you what I mean, I made a screenshot. All lines under "FieldName" should be horizontal.
Can you help me. I'm a newbie in mysql and have no idea what to do, or what kind of onlineforms is working good with TableJX and did you use in your demo.

many thanks
Gerhard

Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Gerhard.

More
14 years 3 months ago #163

Hello Gerhard,

Yes, I see your problem. You may be surprised but this is a known problem in information science. You can solve it by table transponation. One way may be to create a view with multiple joins of the same table. For example:

Select
Rasse.FieldValue,
Geschlecht.FieldValue,
Hundename.FieldValue,
from RCFormTable Rasse
inner join RCFormTable Geschlecht on Rasse.FormId = Geschlecht.FormId and Rasse.SubmissionId = Geschlecht.SubmissionId
inner join RCFormTable Hundename on Rasse.FormId = Hundename.FormId and Rasse.SubmissionId = Hundename.SubmissionId

I have not tested it but it may be a solution for you.

On the other hand we plan to release FormJX component which will be fully compatible with TableJX at the an of the February. I'm sure you cannot wait that long, but just to let you know...

Best regards,
Bostjan

More
14 years 3 months ago #164

I used a wrong term.. it is actually a 'table transposition'... google aroud and you may find some solutions... e.g. szeryf.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/table-transposition-in-sql/

Regards,
Bostjan

• Gerhard
More
14 years 3 months ago #165

Hello Bostjan,

thank for helping me. But as I wrote, I don't know about mysql tables and therefore I let it better and will be waiting for FormJX. There's no rush. But as I bought TableJX I'll use it in the future of course.
Is this component a formgenerator or what will do FormJX?

Best regards
Gerhard

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook