https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Question about the Additonal Condition field

• mtcookson
  • mtcookson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #187

Purchased TableJX a couple days ago and got it working great, absolutely love it. I have a question though about the function of the Additional Condition field.

First, what I need to do is have a link in my database with the ID of each line in the link. For instance:

<a href=index.php?option=component&componentname=componentlink&id=DBentryID>Update</a>

But I'm poor with code and I don't know how to get the entry form to attach the ID to the link since the ID hasn't been created yet in the DB.

If I'm reading the Additional Condition field correctly, it can change the display of a particular field right?

Basically... what I want is this:

I have a field called Update and the auto increment key is cf_id. Is there a way to use the Additional Condition field to put a link in the results like so: <a href=/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=UpdateTracking&id='cf_id'>Update</a>

I tried 'Update' = <a href=/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&chronoformname=UpdateTracking&id='@cf_id'>Update</a> with no luck but my coding skills are so poor that I have no idea if that would work nor if my code was even right. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #189

Hi,

Download the new version. It has a link support.

Next you have two options. Frst is that you configure your sql results so that they contain a whole url address and not just id. You might need to create a sql view and use your table jx on your view.

Second option is that you change a bit one of the link options you don't need. If you decide that you won't need Section ID as a link type than you can go to /components/com_grid/views/GridView and change the ink in line 479 so, that it suits your needs. Now if you choose Section ID as your link type, you will get your links.

Regards,
Tomaž

• mtcookson
  • mtcookson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #195

I think option 2 is going to work out perfectly. I've got it modified... now I just need to figure out how to get the grids attached to a menu again and I'll be good to go.

Many thanks!!!

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook