https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Link records to seperate articles

• deon4110
  • deon4110's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #2339

Hi all,

Seeing as how I only purchased and installed Table JX today (it's been working fantastically well so far), I'm a complete noob.

I would like to understand a little bit better how to link a record from the table view to another article.

To understand better, I'll explain in detail:

I have a database with all my members subscribed to my website displaying in a table view with their basic info. I want to be able to click on one of the members, and that takes me to another page which displays all the information of that member. So in essence, it would be another article with another grid, but this grid would only pull the data of the selected member.

I sincerely hope someone would be able to help me with this...

Thanks B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2341

Hi,

You should "Custom ID" option and filter the data through url to display only the data of the selected user. See this topic on how to filter data through url: toolsjx.com/support/3-suggestions/1208-s...-by-url?limitstart=0

If this second view with all user data is only one record in the database it might make more sense to use Card View JX instead of Table JX for this view.

I hope will be is of some help to you.

• deon4110
More
10 years 8 months ago #2342

Hi,

Thanks for the response...

What I'll be doing in the interim is creating an article for each member. I would like to link to those articles... For now, since I don't have a lot of members, creating the articles manually shouldn't be an issue. Is it possible for me to link a specific record from the grid with all the members to another article which is essentially the article I created? If so, how do I do it?

• deon4110
More
10 years 8 months ago #2343

Also, I saw this: "For using 'Links' you should have a column in your database table, that consists of link data. Link data could be one of the three types:".

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that... I'm not a complete idiot when it come to SQL, but I don't understand what that means. Any assistance would be appreciated. All I would like to do is link a record from the grid view to another article without a grid. Sort of how you did it on your demo page. That's what sold this extension to me, the linkable records. That's kind of a big deal.

The article to which it's supposed to link is irrelevant. I just need to know how to do it.

• deon4110
More
10 years 8 months ago #2344

Nevermind, I figured it out.

It's a lot of admin, but that's fine... Thank you

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook