https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Understanding Linking of Images

• Dragon
  • Dragon's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #2357

I have a mysql database with fields: id, name, address, town, path1, path2 and path3.

The fields path1, path2 and path3 all contain URL's to images.

Am I able to add a link to, say, the field "name" that will open an article that displays all three images. I have no problem doing it to display one of the images but cant work out to do it to show all three. Any help would be appreciated. I have a very basic understanding of php. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2359

I am sorry, but I am not sure what exactly would you like to achieve. Would you like to display all three images within the Table JX or would you like to display images in the article where the link from the table view points to? Or do you maybe want do display image with a link that points to an article?

• Dragon
More
10 years 8 months ago #2360

I would like to display the images in the article that I have created. Also, I can't work out how to open the article. Is there some more detailed documentation that you have to support the module? Thanks

More
10 years 8 months ago #2361

Hi,

I am really sorry but I am still not sure, where and in what connection would you like to use Table JX, Article and Images.

Here are some documentation pages, but I suppose that you have already seen them all..

toolsjx.com/table-jx/documentation
toolsjx.com/table-jx/1-documentation

The third example here shows how is it possible to display a picture in Table JX...
toolsjx.com/faq/3-how-to-create-a-databa...use-it-with-tools-jx

• Dragon
More
10 years 8 months ago #2362

Thanks unfortunately the document links you supplied were not a lot of help.

The problem I am having is this - if I create a table with four fields eg: "id", "persons name", "address", "photo (this is a URL)" - and I then place ten records in the table. I have no problem creating an article and displaying the ten lines of data (excluding the photo link - as I want this to open in a separate article).

I then create a another article (it has an id of 56) and create a second grid with just the "id" and "photo" fields and place it in this new article.

I then go back to the first grid and select the "id" field as the link? in the columns section Grid edit.

I then go the Links section of the Grid edit select the "Id" as the linked column, select Custom ID as the option and place the following in the text box

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56

Now when I test it, the article opens no problems, however the ten photos are displayed, not just the one associated with the record I have activated.

I realize I need to place more some additional code somewhere to make this happen but I am just not sure what to do - I only have a very basic knowledge of programming.

I noted in your documentation that it says this can be done but I could not find instructions just how to do it.

Your advice would be appreciated.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2365

OK, now I see. You did everything OK, just the link needs some improvements.
With the link

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56

you are just saying that it should open the article. Now you have to pass also some filter parameters. As mentioned in the topic here: toolsjx.com/support/3-suggestions/1208-s...ment-provided-by-url you can filter the data using this:

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&aso=exact&s_f=id&data_search=@ID

s_f=id sets that you want to apply filter to column 'id'
data_search=@ID sets that the search parameter will be replaced with the one from the first grid, depending on the linked column setting
aso=exact tells the Table JX to use exact search, so it won't display e.g. 10 ,11 and so on if you search for 1.

I think that it should work. Do you have this somewhere on-line?

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook