https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Customizing grid

• jac48
  • jac48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #2402

Hi - I have a linked field in my db call obituary. I would like to keep all of my obituaries in one form for each cemetery. My question is how can I customize my grid and form so that when the link is selected for an individual, it will show the correct obituary. The way I have it set up now is that it goes to the correct form, but then I need to scroll down the form to view the right obituary. Is there a way???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2403

Hi,

can you describe more precisely what is your database model like, what are the tables, fields and how do you want them to be connected?

• jac48
  • jac48's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago #2404

I have a db table called "calvary_morton" - it has several fields - Id, Last Name, First Name, MOB, Status, MOD, and a linked field called "obituary". When I select Calvary Cemetery from my db listing of cemeteries, it opens the Calvary db in a form. All works correctly. It gives me a listing of all individuals in the cemetery with the above fields filled in. I want to be able to create a link in the 'obituary' field of each individual, so that when I click on eg. Ahrens, Charles - obituary link, it goes to his obituary. I have very little experience in writing a custom Id or a where clause to be able to do this. I have a 'calvary_obituary' form that has all the obituariies for Calvary Cemetery type in. Is there a way to link each individual obituary or do I have to make a separate form for each obituary, then link that to the correct individual.

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks,

jac48

More
10 years 7 months ago #2406

Hi,

I am still a little confused about your situation, but I will try. You can connect two tables in a way, that you set the filter condition for the second table through link in the first table. The syntax is as follows:

mysite.com/second_table?s_f=searchfield&data_search=searchstring

If you want to make a link from the first table to oubitaries using custom ID option it would be something like:

mysite.com/url_to_the_oubitaries_page?s_f=oubitary_id&data_search=@ID

@ID will be replaced during the runtime with the value of the column which was selected as Link column.

I hope this was of some help.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook