https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

pre-sales questions

• ThomasRH
  • ThomasRH's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #2453

Hello,

1) I have data in Excel which consists of about 9000 short phrases. I would like to present them in Joomla as the first column of a table. For each phrase I have about 7 different variables. I would like to present each variable in a separate column of the table.
Could Tools JX handle this amount of data? Is there any way to import the date (or better, link the data) from my Excel spreadsheet?

2) I would like Joomla readers to be able to sort the table according to their interests.

3) And also for them to be able to download the table into Excel format.

3) Finally, it would be even better if readers could add to the table, though I'm not yet sure I would like this feature yet. I would have to think about this but would like to have the option.

Do you think I could be happy with Tool JX?

Thanks, Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2454

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

1) This amount of data is not a problem However the data has to be imported into database. The simplest choice is mysql database where your Joomla is installed. The data can be imported by using some database tool like phpMyAdmin for example.

2) Please visit the demo page to see how searching and sorting works.

3) Option to export data is not implemented yet. It is in our long term plans.

4) For now Table JX supports just viewing the data, adding and editing is not supported.

Your happiness depends on your expectations ;)

Best regards,

Tomaž

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 7 months ago #2457

Thank you for your quick and thorough answer. I ask your patience with the next question. I am not a programmer but just a competent user. I do not know what mysql is or phpMyAdmin. I have seen the words but have no idea what they are or how to use them. Zero. Is there a place I can go to see how I would import from my Excel tables to the mysql database. If this isn't too hard I'm sure I will be able to do it.

And also, I have tried different extensions (not database extensions) that have conflicted with other extensions and that have been difficult to remove. Have you had any problems along these lines? I assume not, but I have to ask.

Thanks,
Tom

More
10 years 7 months ago #2460

Hi,

Mysql is database type which is one of the most popular among web developers. Database is a computer system that stores and serves data usually to other programs. Almost all information from Joomla website is stored in such a database including articles, users, installed extensions and so on. While installing your Jomla website, you had to provide access data for the database, so that Joomla is able to store all this data in the database. Databases consists of tables. Web hosting providers usually provide you some kind of access to this database trough some database tool which allows you to create or delete tables, records (rows), and so on. One of the most popular tools is phpMyAdmin, but your hosting provider can use another one. With this tool you should be able to create a new table and import data from a CSV file (comma separated values). And there is an option to export a CSV file from an excel document.

In order to show your data with our component you have to get those data into the database, since this is how our component works. I think the most logical way would be to export the data from excel to CSV file, and import a CSV file to the database.

I hope I cleared it out for you a little bit. Feel free to ask if you still have questions.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasRH

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 7 months ago #2462

O.K. Thanks for the help, and I think I can go from here. It may take me a week or two before I figure it out. Then, unless things get too confusing, I'll be buying this extension.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook