https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

6 start up questions

• ThomasRH
  • ThomasRH's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #2467

Thank you for the pre-sales help. I have now bought the extension and am using it, but I have a few questions.

I am using Excel to create the table and importing it via cdv as per your suggestion. This will be an ongoing process, as I keep adding data to the original table on my computer. On the whole it seems to be working very nicely. But I have 6 questions:

1) Is there an easy way to change the height of the rows?
2) I do not want to have a column in my Excel table of ID's to number the rows. But I would like the rows numbered. I tried using your Row Numbering option, but the numbers, from the front end, are right up against the data in Column 1. Any way to adjust this.
3) Finally, uploading the table is easy (into mySQL), however, if I insert a column in the Excel table I get an error message when I import the csv file. It says "Invalid format of CSV in line 51". It is always for the last line (in this case it is line 51). The rest of the table is fine and looks ok on the frontend, but line 51 (in this case) is always missing. A minor problem but it is a problem.
Connected to this problem is that, when I look at the Table within phpmyadmin I get this message: "This table does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available."
Any help with this last would be appreciated, but I know it is not the fault of the extension and not really your responsibility.
4) Is it possible to turn off the Sorting Order so that it doesn't sort automatically and only sorts if the user makes it sort?
5) Is there a way to increase the padding with in the cells?
6) Is there a way to insert symbols in the Column Labels?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by ThomasRH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2471

Hi,

1) In the Appearance section is an option 'Line Height'
2) I do not understand what exactly is the problem here? Do you want to increase padding?
3) CSV import functionality usually does not handle table alterations like adding columns. If you insert a column to your Excel file, you should add one to your sql table as well. This should be done manually.
I think that the message you are talking about is not connected with the CSV file import. It simply says that if you want to edit, copy or delete single records in the database, you should define some kind of id in this table.
4) This is not possible with the current version.
5) Some CSS classes are defined on the outputed table and cells. You can use them to define new rules in your templates CSS file. Here is a post about it:
toolsjx.com/support/3-suggestions/1304-nl2br-line-break#1313
6) What kind of symbols?

Regards,
Tomaž

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 6 months ago #2474

Thanks for the help.

Regarding the last question: What kind of symbols? I was wanting to use a 2 with a small circle to its right and up. It is the English way of indicating the word "secondary".

I have another problem that maybe you can comment on. -- My data base is appearing on the front end, and there is no problem. However -- all of a sudden, today, I can not access the back end of Joomla. This has never happened before. I get an error message, and I wonder if it is possibly connected to TableJx. I don't see how it can be, but I just thought I should run it by you. I can not get into the backend at all even though the front end is working fine. The error message I get when I try to enter is: MySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT s.time, s.client_id, u.id, u.name, u.username FROM jos_session AS s LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON s.userid = u.id WHERE s.guest = 0 LIMIT 0, 5

Thanks.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2475

regarding 6): This should not be a problem. You can edit column labels in the table where all 'Used Columns' are listed. Just rename 'Column Capiton'.
toolsjx.com/table-jx/demo?option=com_content&view=article&id=51

I do not thing this has anything to do with our extension. I checked forums for it and I found this topic on Joomla forum. Maybe you will find it useful.
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=701405

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 6 months ago #2476

O.K. Thanks.

• ThomasRH
More
10 years 6 months ago #2479

O.K. -- the problem I was having, whatever it cause, just went away when I was do something on phpmyadmin. It's gone without me doing anything, so thanks for your thoughts.

I'll be leaving a positive feedback comment soon. Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: tomaz

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook