https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

pre-purchase -- getting data into Joomla

• rhdtfb
  • rhdtfb's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #2554

I intend to purchase ToolsJX for use in a Joomla 3.1.5 website. The data I want to use is in an Access database. I have discovered how to get into phpMyAdmin on my hosting service (UnlimitedWebHosting) and so I can see (in principle) that I can import my data, probably (I'm guessing) as a CSV file.

My question is: should I import the data as a new database, or as a new table in the Joomla database (joomla_fc)? It looks as if phpMyAdmin allows me to do it either way -- but with no experience, I'm guessing! My data will be exported as a flat file from a query.

Have I asked the right question??

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2555

Hi,

You can do it both ways, but if you import the new table to the Joomla database it will take you one step less to configure. You will not need to set a database connection since the same connection will be used that is already configured in Joomla.

I hope this is the right answer.

• rhdtfb
More
10 years 5 months ago #2556

Many thanks tomaz. I'll get right onto it!

Richard

• rhdtfb
More
10 years 5 months ago #2557

Pleased to report complete success! I exported about 11,000 records from an Access database to a CSV file, created a new table in my Joomla database through phpMyAdmin, then imported the records.

If any other newbie wants me to talk them through this simple process, I'll be happy to do so!

I am extremely impressed with performance and ease of use. I have yet to explore all the options and possibilities, but it works "straight from the box" and, at least on my site, searches are lightning fast.

Richard

The following user(s) said Thank You: tomaz

More
10 years 5 months ago #2558

We are glad to hear back from another happy customer!

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook