https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Query

• Thundercloud
  • Thundercloud's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #2660

Hi, I haven't purchased Table JX yet as I'm not sure whether it can fulfil my requirements.

My requirements:

I'm creating a classified ads website, with a component called JomClassifieds. The component saves the adverts placed on my site in a database #jomcl_adverts.

I plan to use a headline rotator module to display these adverts automatically on my joomla site. This rotator filters based on article or alias.

Question is, can Table JX be used to extract the data (Title, Description and Image Link) from the database and export it into a useful form that the headline rotator module can use automatically? eg. Can Table JX create a single article each time the database is filled with a new advert, which can then be used by the rotator module.

Sorry, I'm pretty new to joomla, php and all. But if Table JX can do this, you have my business!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #2661

Hi,

I am not familiar with JomClassifieds, but I think you are expecting a little bit too much form Table JX.

What Table JX does is that is simply displays the data from the database. So Table JX can extract data from the database, but in a human readable form as a table on the website with some additional features as for instance ajax driven searching and sorting. And Card View JX works in the same way, just graphical representation of the database records is a bit different from the one at Table JX. If you want to learn more, you can check out or demo pages ( Table JX , Card View JX ) if you have not done it already.

I think that the best solution for you would be to modify your rotator module directly in PHP. Or you could also ask at JomClassifieds if they have some suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook