https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Parameterized views, stored procedures, etc...

• trauncher
  • trauncher's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2825

I see that TableJX supports views. I am wondering how to pass parameters, and how to access stored procedures and functions... it would seem that being able to edit the SQL directly would be of substantial benefit instead of being forced to pick through the administration side user interface...

For those of us who know and use SQL on a daily basis, using this interface seems clumsy and limiting. Is there a way to cut straight to the SQL and enter anything we want? as long as it returns a proper result set?

For example, I have a database that contains several hundred stored procedures that return various types of data, totals, etc. I would call "spGetStateScores(121,6)" which would return a result set containing scoring information for state #6, in category #121. the sql is "CALL spGetStateScores(121,6)" which returns a perfectly normal result set with 5 columns of data, with a varying number of rows.

How would I call this stored procedure using TableJX. It is perfectly valid SQL.

I realize I could supply the parameters in a 'where' or 'having' clause, but I don't see where tableJX allows the use of a where statement, and sometimes, joins are created differently based on the supplied parameters... so this would not work in every case.

Thanks in advance,
Trauncher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2830

Hi,

I understand your frustration with Table JX, but I must disappoint you. It the current state it is not able to edit SQL directly, so basically there is no way to use procedures unless you get your hands dirty with the PHP code first.

The only option that is any close to what you want it the Additional Where Condition option which you can find towards the end of the form. The statement that you write in there is directly appended to generated query as where statement.

• trauncher
  • trauncher's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2831

I'm not really frustrated, just wondering if there could be a solution. I may be able to trick the system into doing what I want through some slight of hand with the where clause, (I didn't see that one before), and I could create some views for this specific purpose burying the business logic into the view instead of passing parameters... while this might cause me to create custom views for each entity, (which is kinda klugey), There are only 50 states, so its not that big of a deal...

I'm going to go ahead and give your tool a try, It's the only way that I can think of to create a site that could possibly be maintained by my client in the future.. raw php is way above their head...

regards,
Trauncher.

PS: thanks for the speedy reply!

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook