https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Purchased your TableJX, some problems...

• trauncher
  • trauncher's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2832

Hi, I purchased your TableJX control... there are a few issues

1. The table width is hard coded to 100%. This should not be a fixed value. People need the ability to specify the width of the table in pixels OR in percent... hard coding it to 100% makes it unusable in most cases. People have to burry it in another container just to control the width... sloppy....

2. Cellspacing, cellpadding, border, and margin are all hard coded... again, forcing people to use preset values instead of allowing them to tune/tweak their own visuals... and completely defeating the purpose of the line height setting (if you hard code cel padding at 4px, then you must always add 8 to your line height value... people should be able to set these... or omit them and let CSS take care of it.

3, Row widths can only be set in px. Most responsive designs have at least a few widths set as a percent, and its vital that they do so. forcing people to set widths in pixels only is just a bad idea. People should be able to choose.

4. Setting line height does not work correctly because of the hard coded cel padding value

5. When using views, you shouldn't mess around with ordering, grouping, etc. This is what views are for. the default sort order in table settings should be cancelable, because it overrides the view sort settings.

6. If you allowed an additional query append string, we could do just about anything... group by, having clause, where clause, etc etc etc. we could call additional functions, stored procedures, etc.

Thats it for now. I guess I'll just hack the component to undo some of these things... but you should seriously consider these comments, since all of them relate directly to usability and formatting, and could be easily fixed.

Other than these issues, I really like the component. its almost completely usable, and able to work around some pretty complex SQL issues, so kudos to you!

regards,
Trauncher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2837

Hi,

thank you for your suggestions. We appreciate your honest comments and we will seriously consider them in our future development.

Let me just point out what is possible for know:

1. If you set width to all columns, than the width is not 100% anymore. But, as you mentioned, in this case the table width is set fix in px.

1. 2. 3. 4. Some CSS classes are defined, that you can use for styling your table. But, again you are right, if the values are hard coded it is very hard to override them by using css.
toolsjx.com/support/3-suggestions/1304-nl2br-line-break#1313

5. Good point. In my opinion default sort order should be cancelable for tables too.

Regards

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by tomaz.

• trauncher
  • trauncher's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #2840

Thanks for getting back with me.

I should add, that issues like responsive design, advanced formatting, etc. should really be handled by an experienced developer, so if these things are issues and the user can't handle modifying PHP, they should get someone to help them... I was able to easily take care of all of these issues in GridView.php... it works perfectly. and your code was simple to understand, and easy to modify.

Great job on the component. It's slick, and I have it doing exactly what I need it to do, with an hour or so... not bad all things considered.

warm regards,
Trauncher...

PS: thanks again! Have a fantastic day!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: tomaz

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook