https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Card JX- Queries on Sort Functionality

• Armstrong
  • Armstrong's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3166

I have been testing the Sort form and there are some areas where operation is not what I would expect

1 Setting Sort options before running the first search does not have any effect on the results, i.e. you have to run a search first before you can do a sort on the results.

Is this the intended mode of operation? If so, it would be more useful if the sort settings took effect for the first search. As it is, you have to do a search first and then do the sort as a separate action

2 When doing a sort on results, the original search settings are not fully retained so that the sorted results are for a different search.

In particular:

a) for the standard search, if the Search Options is set to Exact Search, this setting can be seen to be changed to Default Search when the Sort button is selected and the results displayed confirm that the Default Search setting has been used for the Sort

b) for the search with filters, as well as the Search Options setting being reset to the Default Search, any filter values that have been set for fields are cleared before the sort is carried out

Is there a problem with the software or am I using the Sort facility incorrectly?

John

b)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3172

Thank you for reporting this. We will try to reproduce the isuue.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3173

We have found all described problems. We will try to fix them as soon as possible and release a new version.

• Armstrong
More
8 years 10 months ago #3174

Great the Sort facility is excellent and it will good to have 100% functionality

John

More
8 years 4 months ago #3416

It took a while, but the issues have been addressed now. Please check out the new version on the Download Page.

• Armstrong
More
8 years 3 months ago #3418

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know about the new versions of Table JX and Card View JX.

I have tested out the new versions and the Card View JX version is working fine. The sort facility is really useful.

However, with the new version of Table JX, the search button is now completely inactive. Is there some additional set up I need to do in order to activate this version?

If you want to observe the problem, this is my test web site:

www.msocrepository.co.uk/Test

You will find an instance of Table JX under the main menu option Search and then Basic Search (The other 2 search options Advanced Search and Filtered search use Card View JX and are working fine).

While testing out the sort facility, I noticed that the the character _ (underscore seems to be being interpreted as a wild card character in search keywords. Is this intended? This would present a problem as I use _ extensively in record Id's and want to be able to specify searches that only have _ rather than other characters in a certain position in the record ID field. Is there way that _ can be treated just as a normal character?

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes

John

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook