https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Doesn't show columns when adding new grid

• muskrat50
  • muskrat50's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #427

I have successfully installed Table JX and am trying to get my first grid to work correctly. I'm pretty sure I have the correct database info because when I click on the check and list tables the name of the table (there's only one) can be selected. However, there's no way to select a default column and next to the Colums area it shows: "select table".

Mysql version is 5.x and I'm using the most recent 1.5 version of Joomla. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 days ago #428

Hi,

can you see any columns in the list box (under Mark All button in section Columns)?

If you select connection Same as Joomla's and list any joomla's table, can you select then any columns?

Is it possible that you have spaces in column names or html tags in rows.

Best regards,
Viljem

• muskrat50
  • muskrat50's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 days ago #429

Hi Viljem,

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I use the external mysql database I don't see any columns in the section Columns. However, when I use the Same as Joomla's connection, the Columns section expands and I can select them.
There aren't any spaces in column names in the database.

Would there be a problem if I loaded the table from a CSV file? In other words, did I do something in creating the mysql table that is causing Table JX to be unable to read the column data?

Regards,

Jeff

More
14 years 6 days ago #430

Hi!

Probably the same problem.
I checked the box
Shown columns:
x Column Names
All fields in the table marked, but after clicking on the Apply or Save all are not marked in the frontend there is no output.

First

After Apply or Save
img85.imageshack.us/img85/4149/tablejx2.jpg
Frontend

[url=http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9126/tablejx3.jpg[/url]

TableJX 1.5
Joomla 1.5.15
mysql 5.0.90
Thanks.

Last edit: 14 years 6 days ago by Magi.

More
14 years 3 days ago #431

muskrat50 wrote:
Hi Jeff!

Even if there is only one table to be selected. So go to 'Table Name in Database' option and click on your table. After the table is selected the columns should appear listed.

Regards,
Tomaz

More
14 years 3 days ago #432

Magi wrote:
Hi,
Your problem is not the same. The checkboxes don't have any effect on the frontend output. Their purpose is to select which columns you want to remove from being shown. If you check a checkbox and than click the << button you'll see what I mean.
There should be another problem why you don't see your table on frontend. Are you sure, that you correctly included table into an article, or that you made correct menu link to the table?

Regards,
Tomaž

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook