https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Doesn't show columns when adding new grid

More
14 years 3 days ago #433

I tried to choose a different display tables - the result is the same.
In bachkend not maintain a list of fields that you want to display in the frontend, regardless of the selected table.
Checkbox "Column names" marked.
And in the frontend displays the total number of records, but not themselves.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #434

Checkmarks in the column "Link?" saved, but in "Column names" - no.

More
14 years 3 days ago #435

Checkmarks in 'Column Names' do NOT have any effect on the output. Your problem must be somewhere else. Displayed columns are listed in the table on the right side and other columns are left in the selection list on the left.

Is it possible, that you have empty spaces or any other kind of weird letters in column, table or database names in database?

If you trust me, you can give me access to your backend and I'll check it in live. Contact me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards,
Tomaž

• muskrat50
  • muskrat50's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 days ago #436

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. I made several experiments this weekend: the first was to link to a Joomla database which works fine and shows the columm list for a given table as it should. The second was to add a new table to the mysql database and enter several rows of data by hand. Picking this table from the database also works as it should.

My conclusion is, as Tomaz has suggested, that there are some kind of "hidden" characters in the table that doesn't work and that is what is causing the problem. The table that doesn't work was loaded from a CSV file that was exported from Microsoft Excel. My suspicion is that Excel has put some "special" codes in the file which I can't see, but which is causing the problem. I know that Microsoft CSV files can contain proprietary elements, but I used the "no special features will be saved" mode when saving the file.

Tomaz, I have no problem with you taking a look at the database. I will send credentials to the email address you listed above.

Thanks,

Jeff

• muskrat50
  • muskrat50's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 days ago #437

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. I made several experiments this weekend: the first was to link to a Joomla database which works fine and shows the columm list for a given table as it should. The second was to add a new table to the mysql database and enter several rows of data by hand. Picking this table from the database also works as it should.

My conclusion is, as Tomaz has suggested, that there are some kind of "hidden" characters in the table that doesn't work and that is what is causing the problem. The table that doesn't work was loaded from a CSV file that was exported from Microsoft Excel. My suspicion is that Excel has put some "special" codes in the file which I can't see, but which is causing the problem. I know that Microsoft CSV files can contain proprietary elements, but I used the "no special features will be saved" mode when saving the file.

Tomaz, I have no problem with you taking a look at the database. I will send credentials to the email address you listed above.

Thanks,

Jeff

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook