• ttttchess's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #825

Hi,

I just bought your nice plugin, i have a few questions though:
1) i cannot change between grid and card layout
2) the search works fine, but the real data is not shown

Have a look, here i installed the plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #829

My first guess to you first problem would be, that you have not purchased Card JX.

And guess according to the second problem, is that you might have space character in your database field's names. It is good to avoid space character and all other non ascii character in any of the database field's or table's names.

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by tomaz.

• ttttchess
More
13 years 6 months ago #830

Can you tell me the best settings for the tables please, Varchar, Char, Int, etc. And other settings as Null, unicode etc. ??
Thanks.

• ttttchess
More
13 years 6 months ago #832

Listen, how do you want to write addresses and names without space characters? I put a row below for you to have a look at it.

Dutch Dance Agency,Stadswerf 107,ALMERE,107,1354CK,Almere,Flevoland,036 8486121,

I just imported a csv-file the way my client gave it to me, I cannot change all the values in the file, that would be a lot of work. How can I make your module work?

More
13 years 6 months ago #834

I am not talking about changing the values, I am talking about changing the field names in the database. If your field name in database is "NAAM DANSSCHOOL" it will not work properly. You can set it to "NAAM_DANSSCHOOL" in database, but you are able to change the labels in your backend afterward. There you can set it back to "NAAM DANSSCHOOL" or anything you want to be displayed to your users. This is just my first guess, and maybe I am wrong.

For short strings of known (or expected) length is varchar the best. Otherwise you use text. If there is a possibility that there is no value in a certain field you set it to nullable, but for strings it does not make a lot of difference. Please use UTF-8 encoding (collation) everywhere.

• ttttchess
More
13 years 6 months ago #835

Thanks a lot, that was indeed the problem. Everything works fine now!

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook