https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Help!! I need to create links in my results!!

• peletelitan
  • peletelitan's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #1352

Good Day! I am not a 'coder' and understand a limited amount of sql. I have a table with product name, msds name, datasheet name, description. My search is set up and works but I need the results to be links to open up pdf files in my images folder. The file names are in my database table as 'msds_productnumber.pdf' in one column and 'productnumber.pdf in another to designate the corresponding file name in the image pdf files I want to display. Images/pdf/datasheets or images/pdf/msds. Can you please help - and please be very basic in your instructions. Thanks so much!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #1353

Hi,

Open your grid setting in the backend.
Choose the column that you want to be displayed as link and tick the ckeckbox "Link?" for this column. Another table should appear below where all the linked columns are listed.
In the dropdown box "Link Column" select the database column where your data is stored. I your case this would be the column where your file name is stored.
Select option "Custom ID" and write there a path to the folder where your files are stored followed by '@ID':

/images/pdf/datasheets/@ID

The '@ID' will be replaced with the content of the current record in the 'Link Column' when the output is generated.

Regards,
Tomaž

• peletelitan
  • peletelitan's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #1354

Fabulous! It works. Thank you.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook