https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

Linking 1 table field to 1 table

• artiston
  • artiston's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #1389

Hi! I need to do this:
I have 1 table with 1 linked field, when I click on this field I need to display an article containing another table showing results based on the @ID parameter.

Example:
This is the link of the linked field(Custom ID) of table A
mysite.com/index.php?option=com_content&...le&id=270&Itemid=110&idb=@ID

And I write this on the WHERE of table B:
WHERE idbonus = @idb

But the table B shows no results. How can I show the table B correctly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1405

Hi,

It does not work this way although it is a good idea and it might be implemented some time.

For now the best you can do is filtering.

In WHERE you can use only parameters, that are listed there: @article_id, @category_id, @section_id, @user_id and @group_id

So what you can do is the following:

Delete everything in WHERE on table B.

If the option "Advanced Filters" on table B is checked then the link in the table A is:

www.url_to_table_B?aso=exact&data_search=idbonus|$ID

If "Advanced Filters" on B are not chosen:

www.url_to_table_B?aso=exact&s_f=idbonus&data_search=$ID

where aso=exact reffers to "Advanced search option". Now it will perform exact search on idbonus. If you leave aso=exact out it wil perform normal search.

Regards,
Tomaž

More
10 years 2 months ago #2689

I'm having a little trouble implementing this.

I have two tables set up. The first is set up as a table showing a list of individuals (and basic contact info). I'll call this Table A. The second is set up in card view, and is meant to show only one individual. We can call this table B. Table A is linked from a menu item, while Table B is included in a blank article.

Table B has nothing in the "WHERE" field.

Table A is set to use first column (Last Names) as a link. I've tried using the "Custom Link" field on Table A to create a link like this one: www.url_to_table_B?aso=exact&s_f=idbonus&data_search=$ID This will merely link to the whole list without filtering results at all (same A - Z listing in card view each time). Changing the link type to Article ID or Link ID causes a 404 error.

Should there be an actual field itself with this specific link information, rather than using the link area on the table settings? I think I might be misunderstanding how this part works.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2690

Do you have this somewhere online?

Try to use @ID instead of $ID.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2691

Hi

I have two grid make on the same table but one with frontend tool jx for a listing and second with frontend card jx for a detail result.

In the result of the first i have a colunm with numbers of contrats. I want when the user click on this number he is redirected on the second grid with the result of number of contrat detail.

Sorry for my English :(

Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by prev639367.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2692

Ok use @ID instead of $ID. And it work !!!

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook