https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TableJX Menu Item

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #2417

Would this be possible (I'm assuming it's not already there - not a current customer so perhaps it is?!?!?!)...

Can I create a Menu Item instance of TableJX rather than rely on the content plugin?

So in back-end menu creation I could select TableJX and then pick which grid to show on that page...

Even more awesome would be if multiple grids could be selected for one menu item - and if so, the front-end display would include a dropdown selector allowing the user to pick from the grids that had been selected for that page.

Hope this makes sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2418

Hi,

It makes sense. However user interface for this way of displaying Table JX has not been so optimized. There is one menu type for this component which displays a list of all tables and one can click on the list item to go to the table view. It is also possible to make menu item which points straight to the table (or card) view. This can be done by using external link menu type and writing a correct link address.

The following user(s) said Thank You: andybon

• andybon
More
10 years 8 months ago #2419

OK thanks - understood. Current functionality sounds good. Maybe you can put the advanced multi-table select view (as described above) as a possible future development. Thanks... Now I know enough to buy myself a copy of TableJX - looks great.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2420

We are looking forward to do business with you. Thank you for the suggestion, we will put it on the list.

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by tomaz.

• andybon
More
10 years 8 months ago #2421

OK I've purchased a copy of TableJX now and am trying to get going with it....

I can't see the menu item view anywhere?

You said above "There is one menu type for this component which displays a list of all tables and one can click on the list item to go to the table view" but I'm in back-end config and doing 'New Menu Item' in Menu Manager... but I'm not seeing anything there for TableJX?

Am I missing something? Thanks for help getting me started!

More
10 years 8 months ago #2422

Hi,

I am deeply sorry for the situation. My intention was not to mislead you. Apparently this feature was gone in one of the recent versions, which I did not check before answering you. We will put it back as soon as possible.

Until than, you can use External Link menu type with value:

index.php?option=com_grid
for list of tables (if there is only one table it will display this table without displaying a list)
or with value:
index.php?option=com_grid&gid=ID
to display one of the tables, where ID should be replaced with the ID of the table.

I have checked this one.

Sorry again for wrong information. If you feel like this was not what you wanted, please contact us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will sort it out.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook