https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× This is the optional Forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TableJX Menu Item

• andybon
  • andybon's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #2425

OK thanks for clarifying what happened there Tomaz.

I'll try the solution you give here, but ultimately yes I hope you can put a menu item option back into the main build as that's quite a strong feature... and would allow for better looking URLs and SEO than the temporary solution of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2438

Hi,

In the newest version of Table JX for Joomla 3.x, available from the Download Page two menu types were added. One displays a single view and the other one displays a simple list of all views. Feel free to test it.

• andybon
More
10 years 7 months ago #2440

Hi Tomaz,

Fantastic - Thanks for getting those added in. I've downloaded the new version and tested those views - VERY NICE B)

How hard would it be for you miracle workers to introduce some kind of categorisation to enable a MENU VIEW to pick a sub-set of all the tables that are created? I'm not sure whether the best way would be to allow the creation of categories in the back end and tables can be assigned to them.... or if there's a way the 'List of Views' menu item itself could take a list of table ID's to create a List of Tables.

The reason I need this? At the moment with the menu choices I can show 1 table or ALL of them.... but nothing inbetween... I am going to use this for sports results - some triathlon, some football, some volleyball... so I need a way of having a view that would just show the Triathlon tables... etc... etc... So I can do it now by just creating lots of single views and having them each in a separate menu structure... but I'm just raising it here as a consideration for possible future development because it would be great to have a menu view where I could say at the back-end config 'just show the Triathlon tables'....

Thanks for listening! I'll get a top rated Joomla review up as soon as I've got everything up and running on my site :)

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by andybon.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2445

Hi,

To be honest, I don't thing this is a feature a lot of users will find useful, but you can try to convince me in the opposite. I think there are a lot of workarounds for your solution. You have suggested one. You could also list all the views for one "category" in an article, either by linking them to the views, or simply insert all those views in the article. Then you can create a menu link direct to this article.

• andybon
More
10 years 7 months ago #2452

OK understood. I appreciate you're valuable development time has to go to the most important areas and I'm real pleased with the miracle you've already created here.

Let's see if anyone else jumps in and supports this thread though! If not I would accept a position right down at the bottom of the 'to do' list :-)

As we've said the workarounds will work... but it would make life easier with categories. I'm going to be adding new tables all the time and so allocating them a category at point of creation and then having the menu view that already looks for all tables in a certain category do the work would save the time of creating and then also having to update the article page too.

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook