https://antibiotiqueaugmentin.com/surdosage-augmentin-bebe/
× Welcome to the ToolsJX forum!

Problems with Tablejx 3.3.1 on J3.3.6

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3078

Having used the J2.5 version of Tablejx for a long, I paid and upgraded to 3.3.1 on J3.3.6. The upgrade gave me a couple of problems.

1. Within articles, if I click to add a grid, I am presented with grids 11-20 but cannot see nor reach grids 1-10. The screen this is presented lists just the 10 grids and nothing else.

2. One of my pages lists names in a grid. This page displayed OK on J2.5 but gives a fatal error on both Firefox and Chrome in J3. The message is: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2122317824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1349212 bytes) in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/database/driver.php on line 1632. I have tried 512M memory_limit, 1024M (as on the working J2.5 site) and even 2M as in the above example but the page always errors.

Can you suggest some remedies please?

Interestingly, before I installed 3.3.1 on J3, the grids were displaying without error on J3 but without 3.3.1 I could not edit them.

Pages containing tables with fewer records work fine. It is just this large table which shows the first 20 of 350,000 entries that is causing the problem on J3. As I said, it works fine on J2.5

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by djb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3084

Hi,

1. We tried unsuccessfully to replicate this issue. You can insert the grids into the article by writing the insert code directly into the editor as explained here:

toolsjx.com/table-jx/documentation

2. Try to delete the settings for this grid completely and set it up anew.

• djb
More
9 years 1 month ago #3086

Tomaz,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I think the problem here is that the navigation buttons are not appearing. I have tried this on three browsers and have the same result each time. I attach a screenshot of what I see.

2. I created a new grid, number 41 and manually inserted this using {insertgrid ID = 41}. I cleared the caches and reloaded the page. I saw the same error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1306937 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/.../database/driver.php on line 1632

Error reporting is set to maximum. Here is a link to the problem page: abwtest.co.uk/name-search

Other pages containing grids work fine: abwtest.co.uk/medals-and-awards/british/...-mediterranean-medal

One difference is that the page containing the error looks at the full table of 350,000 records whereas the working pages are will use a WHERE clause.

Thank you for your help. I would really like to resolve these issues so that I can complete my upgrade to J3.

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by djb.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3092

I assume, that the second issue is more important. We will check what was the change from 2.5. Maybe even Joomla library changed something that makes now problems for large tables. What was your last version of Table JX for Joomla 2.5?

• djb
More
9 years 1 month ago #3093

Tomaz,

You are correct that the second issue is more important.

My version on J2.5 is 2.5.4.4.

Here is s link to my live J2 site showing the page working: angloboerwar.com/name-search

And the same page not working on J3: www.abwtest.co.uk/name-search

With thanks
David

• djb
More
9 years 1 month ago #3097

Tomaz,

Do you have any suggestions how I can overcome this problem please?

The functionality of this page is stopping me from moving my site to J3 so I would really like to resolve it.

With thanks
David

Moderators: tomaz
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds

Contact Us

Contact us on Discord

Contact us on Facebook